Wild Turkey, new ringtones, Pee Wee Herman, clowns, Bon Jovi, and Stephen King remakes are discussed.
Warning: Spoilers, adult humor, and harsh language ahead. Listen at your own risk.
2DudeReview - Episode 43: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- Discuss site, Twitter, etc.
II. Our bet
III. Tidbits/Things to Discuss
- Disney originally bought the rights to the Gary Wolf novel, Who Censored Roger Rabbit in 1981.
- Robert Zemeckis offered his services but was turned down because his last two movies were flops.
- Disney developed test footage between 1981 and 1983 with Paul Reubens as Roger Rabbit.
- Michael Eisner took over as CEO of Disney and revamped the project in 1985 when he teamed up with Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall, and Kathleen Kennedy.
- Spielberg convinced several studios to "lend" their characters to the film but were unable to acquire rights for some popular one's including Popeye, Tom and Jerry, and Casper the Friendly Ghost.
- Zemeckis was brought back on after he had success with Romancing the Stone and Back to the Future.
- To play Eddie, Harrison Ford was Spielberg's first choice. Bill Murray was considered but they couldn't make an offer because of his weird, "no agent" way of getting roles. Others considered were Chevy Chase, Robert Redford, Jack Nicholson, and Sylvester Stallone.
- Working with live action props with animation was done with strings and robotic arms.
- Charles Fleischer insisted on wearing a Roger Rabbit costume on set to get into character.
- People loved it and the movie made over $150 million.
- In 1994 people claimed that the Laserdisc version of the film had brief nudity of Jessica Rabbit that didn't show up in standard 24 film frames per second but did using the advanced frame-by-frame feature of the Laserdisc player. The actual reality of the nudity is unknown.
IV. How rotten is Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Who Framed Roger Rabbit? was given an % by Rotten Tomatoes. Do the following films fall higher or lower than %?
V. Mention next film, plus reiterate the Web site and social media feeds
VI. Final Grade of A-F
Chad's Grade: B+
Brian's Grade: A
Karina's Grade: A