We thoroughly nerd out over Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Major spoilers!
Warning: Spoilers, adult humor, and harsh language ahead. Listen at your own risk.
2DudeReview - Episode 59: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Rey is a Jedi now after like a week of hanging out with Luke?
- Wtf is with the Leia scene of flying in space back to the ship?
- Wtf was the point of the casino planet?
- Finn and Rose go to the casino planet, get backstabbed by Benicio Del Toro, end up on the ship to turn off the ability to track ships in hyperspace, and NOTHING changed - they ended up on Crait anyway. What was the point to this story arc besides just filling space?
- Did Leia know that Luke wasn't actually there at Crait?
- How can they give Admiral Ackbar the shaft by making his death anticlimatic and happen off screen?
- Was it designed for Luke to have no actual on-screen feeling of loss for Han?
- Does killing Han leave the writers with nothing for Chewbacca to do anymore besides just pilot the Falcon?
- Does Phasma have a purpose other than to lose to Finn?
- BB8 piloting an AT-ST?? Wouldn't this ability have been useful in Force Awakens?
- Are we bound to see yet another Death Star/Starkiller base in Episode 9?
- By Star Wars lore, if Jedi are not allowed to marry/fall in love as said in the prequels, why would anyone be surprised that Rey doesn't have a lineage? All the prior Jedi had no lineage and the Skywalkers were the misnomer.
- To follow suit, if the Sith are based on a master and an apprentice and the apprentice always tries to destroy the master, why would anyone be surprised that Kylo Ren kills Snoke?
- At the end of Revenge of the Sith, Vader is sent to kill the younglings in the Jedi temple and then order 66 comes in and all the Jedi are killed but Yoda (who was fighting the Emperor) and Obi-Wan who was fighting General Grevious before going after Vader, how did the Jedi books get to Ach-To?
Final Grade of A-F
Chad's Grade: B+
Brian's Grade: B+
Karina's Grade: A