Karina rants and raves about a movie she considers in her top five, "worst movies ever." Do you agree or is she the Communist Chad claims?.
Warning: Spoilers, adult humor, and harsh language ahead. Listen at your own risk.
2DudeReview - Episode 45: Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Discuss site, Twitter, etc.
II. Our bet
III. Tidbits/Things to Discuss
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre had a huge influence on slasher movies including, the use of power tools for killing and the killer being a large faceless figure.
- Based off the Ed Gein murders from the 1950's.
- Tobe Hooper believed that cultural and political changes going on led to his film. The misinformation at the beginning that it is a, "true story," was a direct correlation to information about the Vietnam War.
- The idea of the chainsaw as a weapon came as Hooper was stuck waiting in line at a hardware store and thought it would be a way to speed through.
- They had little money for special effects. The bones around the house (and the blood) were from the local slaughterhouse. They had problems with the stage blood so the scene where they feed grandpa blood, that is Robert Burns' blood after he cut his finger with a razor. The scene where Leatherface decapitates Kirk worried the actor as he got within 3 inches of his face with a real running chainsaw. By the end of the film everyone involved was injured in some way or another. Hooper said it took years for the cast to cool off their anger for him.
IV. How rotten is Texas Chainsaw Massacre Texas Chainsaw Massacre was given an % by Rotten Tomatoes. Do the following films fall higher or lower than %?
V. Mention next film, plus reiterate the Web site and social media feeds
VI. Final Grade of A-F
Chad's Grade: B+
Brian's Grade: A-
Karina's Grade: F