Warning: Spoilers, adult humor, and harsh language ahead. Listen at your own risk.
2DudeReview - Episode 52: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
- Discuss site, Twitter, etc.
II. Our bet
III. Tidbits/Things to Discuss
- After Bryan Lee O'Malley completed the first volume of the comic, he was approached for a film adaptation. He initially wasn't thrilled at the idea stating that he "expected them to turn it into a full-on action comedy with some actor that I hated" but ultimately "didn't even care. I was a starving artist, and I was like, 'Please, just give me some money.'"
- The ending of the movie was written before the release of the final book.
- Miles Dale, prodcucer, said that the movie was "the biggest movie ever identifiably set in Toronto."
- The studio didn't interfere with Edgar Wright when dealing with casting. He wanted it like Hot Fuzz where he had great actors in each part of the movie.
- Beck wrote and composed the music played by Sex Bob-omb.
- Edgar Wright wrote a letter to Nintendo to get permission to use the theme song to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past by saying he considered it a nursery rhyme for his generation.
- Envy Adams' band, "The Clash at Demonhead" was named after a game for the NES. It is also the name of an album by The Clash.
- Ramona's hair colors corresponded with the colors of the three goddesses from the Legend of Zelda series. Pink=Din; Blue=Nayru; Green=Farore.
The band Crash and the Boys is named after an NES/Gameboy game "Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge."
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ramona Flowers, memorized all of the different kinds of tea she reads off even though crew members offered to help her.
- During editing, Wright showed the movie to Quentin Tarantino, Jason Reithman, and Kevin Smith who all responded positively.
IV. How rotten is Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World was given an % by Rotten Tomatoes. Do the following films fall higher or lower than %?
V. Mention next film, plus reiterate the Web site and social media feeds
VI. Final Grade of A-F
Chad's Grade: A-
Brian's Grade: A
Karina's Grade: B+